Professor / Associate Professor of Architectural Design: The Architectural Project- Oslo
The Oslo School of Architecture and Design (AHO) is a specialized university and a leading international architecture and design school that provides education within architecture, landscape architecture, urbanism and design. AHOs fields of knowledge focus on design in all scales; objects, buildings, urban areas and landscaping. AHO is organized into four institutes, and has approx. 700 students and 145 employees.
The Institute of Architecture teaches and researches architectural design through a series of focal areas including sustainability, computation, housing and local building. The Institute sees architecture in an artistic, explorative and critical sense that includes but also exceeds the technologies of design and building. Through numerous master studios and a research-based approach to teaching, the Institute provides core architectural competence.
Professor / Associate Professor of Architectural Design: The Architectural Project
The Institute of Architecture at the Oslo School of Architecture and Design (AHO) seeks a full time Professor / Associate Professor in Architectural Design and Research, with a special focus on the architectural design process as the basis of architectural design. Specific assignments and responsibilities will be developed with regard to applicants’ profile.
The Institute seeks to refine and develop a unique teaching and research environment on an international level. Through focused initiatives in the areas of the building arts, experimental practice and the study of specific program typologies, the institute builds on its studio-based organization to develop an advanced research and design environment.
Candidates must have a professional degree in Architecture and should possess experience in architectural design, experience in teaching and course leadership, and a proposal for a field of research. We seek applicants who are open to cooperative efforts and are able to communicate easily with colleagues and students. The successful candidate must show a willingness to contribute positively to a collaborative academic milieu at the school. The teaching language at AHO’s master-level courses is English. However, knowledge of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language is helpful.
The position is founded on artistic qualifications.
For further information please see; Regulations concerning appointment and promotion to teaching and research posts
- Active participation in the development and expansion of the institute’s existing curriculum
- Researched based teaching and advising students in design at foundation level, design studios at Master level and PhD supervision
- Active participation in research development related to institute strategies
- Contribution to developing the institute’s international, multi-disciplinary research and teaching network
Applicants must submit the following documents in pdf format as attachments to the electronic application at www.jobbnorge.no:
- Educational degrees, certificates and/or diplomas
- A maximum of 10 works which the applicant regards as most relevant for the position.
- A statement of teaching philosophy (max. 2 pages)
- A description of planned research themes (max. 2 pages)
All application material should be in English.
- An annual salary of NOK 569.000 – NOK 704.800 for Associate Professor and NOK 673.800 – NOK 882.900 for Professor, depending on qualifications
- A professionally stimulating working environment
- Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund (a monthly deduction of 2% of gross salary will be made as a contribution to the fund)
In the light of a personnel policy aiming at a working staff which reflects the composition of the population in general as regards gender and cultural diversity, women and persons with a minority background are particularly encouraged to apply for the position.
Questions regarding the academic content of the position can be directed to Head of department Thomas McQuillan, Thomas.McQuillan@aho.no, tel.+47 22997062.
Information about the application process is provided by HR advisor Cathrine Følstad, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +47 22997045.
General information about AHO and the Institute of Architecture can be found at www.aho.no
1. desember 2017
The Oslo School of Architecture and Design
Søknader for denne stillingen registreres i et elektronisk skjema på jobbnorge.no
Du må fylle ut: Standard CV
Vennligst opplys i søknaden hvor du først så stillingsutlysningen!