Architect for New Brand, H&M New Business, based in Stockholm
Are you motivated by being a part of a fast-paced and changing start up environment?
Do people describe you as warm and personal with a strong dedication to quality and
innovation? Then you might be the Architect we are looking for.
New Business at H&M currently consists of six separate brands: COS, Monki, Weekday, Cheap
Monday, H&M Home & Other Stories. Each brand has their own management team who sets
the strategies and manages operations to ensure growth and profitability through colleagues,
best customer offer, efficiency and expansion. New Business is also actively working with
various development projects to add new business to the H&M Group portfolio.
Our values are: keep it simple, believe in people, constant improvement, straightforward and
open-minded, entrepreneurial spirit, cost-conscious and we are one team. We believe that our
values provide a framework for encouraging commitment and happiness and creating a great
place to work.
We are looking for
We are now looking for an Architect with retail experience who wants to be a part of driving the
success for a new Brand within New Business. You have an overall view and experience in
architectural design, from conceptual work to full scale detailing and fast paced roll-out. You
also have a great interest in fashion and retail. You are an open minded team player who fits
well in an ambitious and prestige-less team. You need to be open minded, goal oriented and
willing to roll up your sleeves and get into new, unknown areas in order to be able to get the
best result. The overall goal is key!
As part of a new team developing a new retail concept you will be a key player in your role as
Architect. You will work in close collaboration to other team members such as Designer, Visual
Merchandiser and Interior Buyer to cover all areas that are to be developed. Your results will
have a great impact and you can really make a difference!
- Together with the members of the Store Concept team and other functions develop all
areas of a new retail concept.
- Assume responsibility for parts of project to manage on your own.
- Plan and adapt the store concept, as well as identify store concept program
- Develop and draw full project documentation including construction details.
- Communicate with involved parties such as stakeholders and dependencies about the
project to enable other functions to contribute to the concept.
- Review drawings from the local architects, other consultants and suppliers.
- Manage external consultants with assignments relating to the concept.
- Constantly overview, follow up and make suggestions of improvements with a production
perspective, in order to maximize the potential of the out-put.
- Develop, create and maintain manuals and information .
- Evaluate projects and identify areas of improvement.
We believe that you a person you are communicative and have a positive attitude. You are
open-minded, efficient, team oriented and you are driven by sales and high level customer
service. We value strong multitasking capabilities and an outgoing personality. We encourage
diversity and welcome candidates from all backgrounds. We believe you have:
- 3-5 years working experience from architectural firm or similar with focus on store
concept development and / or store planning.
- Retail and spatial design experience.
- Architectural education or similar.
- Auto Cad and Adobe skills or similar..
- 3D modelling program as Sketch Up or similar.
- Fluent in one of the Scandinavian languages and have good English skills, both spoken
- Ability to travel
We offer a work environment where culture and values play a big part in everything we do. We
have a flexible attitude and we value an entrepreneurial spirit and we want every employee to
take ownership of the brand success. We believe that a fun working place generates great
results. Being part of building something new requires hard work, ability to take independent
actions and feeling comfortable with uncertainty, but it also means a great possibility to impact
and influence the brand. We work hard but efficient and always encourage a healthy work life
balance. As an employee at New Brand, New Business you are a part of one of the world’s
largest fashion retailers and the H&M Group offers endless career opportunities.
Position is based in Solna on a local contract.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
If you are interested, please send your application (CV and Cover letter)
no later than 2017-03-31 to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please contact Anna Hagenblad, email@example.com